After Ages

I know this girl since 14...me and a few peeps would call her during recess breaks back then. We even called her at nite n spoke for hours . She claims that she became the 1800-LONELY number.
To me she became my best mate.Someone i can talk to about anything and everything under the sun, moon and stars.But we never met up for drinks...we were kids...

When we were 17...i was dating P and was siting for SPM, while she was all the way in KL continuing her education ( she studied in Singapore n she did her 'o levels' when she was 16 )...we were still in contact...when i got up KL, we used to meet up for drinks , have long chats at the industrial area in Sunway at the top of my dad's 80's Honda Accord boot gazing at the sky and speak bout random things...

At 18..i was in Langkawi...we kept in touch...snail mails...hahahaha...

Then came 19 and i was seeing Bav...she...to my suprise back then was seeing ZH ( he's a day older and i know him since 10 years old ) cos ZH was closer to her friend Yee Chuin...he would call Yee Chuin and i would call her during high skool days...but i was happy for both of them...

Throughout all these years, we didnt have much 1 on 1 time, there was once where we chilled at Ikea when she n ZH was having issues but there was no more 1 on 1's... she had a career to chase and i was sorting out my messed up life...but every once in a blue moon we would call or meet up for dinner...she with ZH n me with whoever i was with then...

***my dad got my attention while writing this...he was like ' thez some beers in the fridge, grab some if you want' ,,,he never does that, last year deepavali, he offered Yeng and Keats beer but not me...

So all these years'...we ( me n the rest of the Dirty Southernez ) always thought these 2 will be the 1st to get married...last year they were sort of hinting to us that this year they might...but heck, Venka got married 1st amongst us...hahahaha

Everytime we spoke or met...it was like, we never grew apart...i mean thez heaps that happened in our lives...but we are never afraid or ashamed to tell each other what had happened in our lives...

A month back she called, looking for some fair indian gals for an advert...she asked why do i sound so down and i tried to cover up but she was dead sure that i was down, n i told her that me and Angie had ended the relationship due to the fact her family specially her sister hates Indians...but i told her the rest that she is seeing another indian right after we broke up...she was furious, she went on a bitchin spree on how can this person cab do that to me...she was being a friend and I told that Angie was moving on...she ended with ' What kind of girls you been seeing huh?'

A few days back i called her and she was like...she and ZH broke up...i was shocked..i seriously was...n told her that we need to catch up

Yesterday...we met up after ages...just the 2 of us...and we talked and talked and taked...she was givin her reason on why she quit her job and she ended it with ZH...some were rational except not liking babies =P but yea, she had here reasons and im glad that she is moving on...it was really good to see her and listen to her...it was like how it always been and i hope it will always be...

This is Jolene Ng Liling...i always thought it was Lee Ling...any ways..to me i call her Ling..n i bet she's gonna kick me when she sees this picture...the Bikini Model.. my hommie..my bestie..

Comments

JoLene .. NG said…
This comment has been removed by the author.