Conversations

Hardly have any proper conversations with my old folks ; communication has always been an issue in this house.

my dad...hardly any...a few lines here and there thats it...the most will be when he's pissed when i did not do something according to his likings.

Dad : nah, drink this ( shoving the cough mixture in front my face as i have been coughing a wee bit too much lately )
Me : ok ( taking the bottle and he walks away to the room )

my mom on the other hand ; conversations can get pretty annoying and funny at times.
Occasionally i get my mom to do stuffs for me sides from cooking of course, like when i had long hair i'd make her put oil on my hair ; a way trying to connect with her i suppose...and she'll do it while nagging why i should be having long hair.
the most recent one was when i got her to apply cream for my tattoo.

Mom : why must you still get them , can you stop already?
Me : yea i will
Mom : eh , why got scratch marks?
Me : got into a fight...
Mom : what? a guy scratched you? since when guys fight like that?
Me : no la. She did.
Mom : who?
Me : Who else?
Mom : Why that girl so stupid? why she had to scratch you like this? *sighs* so did you do anything to put her to her place?
Me : yea, i slapped her.
Mom : Boy! * slaps my head * why did you slap her? She's someone's daughter right! You still got issues controlling your temper.
Me : i didnt slap her hard till she fainted , it was more like a slight tap.
Mom : slight tap?..ya, we know your slight taps. why ya'll fighting like this? What happened? How are things now? but ya she shouldnt have scratched you.
Me : Things are bad. We're not together.
Mom : tsk! ya'll these days...must have been you la.You would have done something stupid rite?
Me : yeaaa...i just wanted to know...( filling my mom in on what happened )
Mom : How old is she?
Me : turning 22
Mom : young girl la boy, why you messed her head?
Me : yeaaaa...
Mom : nvm, whats done is done, if it works out then its good, i do like that girl... but if it doesnt, better tell me quick, i am getting old, i'm match making you...and you better stop fooling around.
Me : What??? ma, the last thing on my head now is getting hitched and plese dont do something silly ok.
Mom : i need to do my duties as a mom ok...
Me : yuop, you can start by making lunch now...
( and she walks to the kitchen with her eyes slightly watery )

Comments